Ice Cream Truck!
The J-Dawg is quite the talker now. We've started incorporating talking into his playtime. Saturday, we were at the playground when the distorted version of "Turkey in the Straw" that signifies the arrival of frozen treats rolls up. The little man looks up from his bucket in the sandbox and yells, "Ice cream truck!"-No, Jasper. We have to eat lunch before we have ice cream.
-Ice cream truck!
-No, lunch first.
-Ice cream truck?
-Let's go get lunch.
Whew, crisis averted. Later, we're at home playing in his room before bed and he starts up again.
-Ice cream truck!
-Hm? I don't see an ice cream truck.
-No, papa. *I* ice cream truck.
-Oh, ok. Do you have chocolate?
-Cone. Cone.
-Hm. What's the flavor of the day?
-MONKEYBUS!
-Monkeybus? Ok, I'll have a monkeybus cone.
He runs off to "the back" of his ice cream truck and brings me an imaginary cone. But before he hands it off to me, he says
-Papa, money?
What a business man. He invents Monkeybus flavor and has good accounting skills. Somebody's way ahead of the game.
Labels: j-talk

1 Comments:
I wanna monkeybus!
Post a Comment
<< Home