
Two years old – where has the time gone?!
Since your first birthday, so much has happened; it’s hard to keep it all straight. The past year has been such a blur. Each day you continue to amaze your Papa and me. In the past year, you have grown and developed so much. Every day you learn something new, and every day is such a joy to behold. My head just spins thinking about it.
It’s crazy to behold, but you’re now speaking in short sentences and you have the alphabet down pat. You are a wonderful singer, usually choosing the Alphabet Song when we ask you to sing for us. However, you especially do me proud when you belt out, “sing….sing A SONG!” at the top of your lungs. The Itsy Bitsy Spider and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star are also a regular part of your repertoire.

Not only can you sing, but you’re good with numbers too. You can count to 20 with ease and love to shout out all of the house numbers you see as we pass by. "Tick tock clock!" is another of your refrains. Whenever you see a clock, or even something that just looks like a clock, you take great pleasure in making sure we all know it's there. You can name and mimic almost any animal under the sun and in recent months, you have really begun to expand your creativity. Play-Doh has become a regular staple alongside window markers, finger paints, and plain old pen and paper. I love collaborating with you on your art and I’m honored that you allow me to.
You have such a great sense of humor. When asked what your name is, you consistently reply, “ELMO!” and then just crack up laughing – it’s delightful (but in all seriousness, you're NOT a red, furry monster!). You have also become really interested in make-believe, pretending to drive an ice cream truck and to cook gourmet meals – mmmmm, noodles! Another favorite game of yours is to complain about things costing “too much, too much, Mama!” thus requiring that you demand a refund on the faux credit cards you carry around in your wallet. Let me tell you, your frugality and ability to negotiate would make your grandparents on both sides proud.
It goes without saying that you’re a Renaissance man, but in addition to your intellectual endeavors, you are also proving to be a burgeoning athlete. You run like the wind, wanting to play your versions of soccer and basketball. You are able to jump like a frog, gallop like a horse, and dance like Kevin Bacon in Footloose. You are now SO interested in what other children are doing, especially older ones. I wish that you had more than just four cousins, and that they didn’t live in Los Angeles and Prague, but in actuality you’re really not doing too badly with the whole making friends business without those things. And, when you START SCHOOL IN THE FALL (!!!!!), I’m confident you’ll have loads more.
My heart fills to near bursting when I hear you, clear as a bell, say in a singsong voice, “Mama, I LOVE you,” “Papa, how ARE you?” and “I’M sorry, Bodhi.” And though it’s been two years, I still cannot even begin to express how overwhelming and incredible your presence in my life has been. This is not to say that it’s always been easy, but boy if I have to be responsible for parenting someone, I sure am thrilled that it’s you.

Happy 2nd Birthday my Angel-Boy.
Labels: 2nd birthday, jasper, ode
4 Comments:
Awwww... sniff... see, I told you he's a prodigy!
Happy birthday Dude!
Happy Birthday, J-man!!!!
Aw, I feel like such a dud for not having my Outlook updated and therefore missing the big day.
Happy Belated Birthday Little J! I hope I see you soon!
xo,
Out of Touch Auntie Xine
he's beautiful! Happy birthday to the lil AzubO and a waaaaaaaaay overdue congrats on parenthood.
April,
Lost in Brooklyn
Post a Comment
<< Home