Walking the Beam and Blue Steel

It's been a REEEEAAAAALLLLLYYYYYY long time since I've updated, and for that I apologize. Life just gets in the way sometimes, you know? Anyway, a ton of stuff has been going on here and I'm probably going to forget something, so bear with me. Oh, and I had written a very thorough update a week-ish ago and then Firefox crashed, grumble grumble. Ah, regardless, here we finally are.
J-Dawg started gymnastics three weeks ago, and he adores it. When we signed up I thought it was going to basically be a big gym-type space where the kids could run around, but I was wrong. It's a structured gymnastics class, and it's awesome! We start out singing, Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes, then we spend time at differnt stations, which change every week. So far they've consisted of the springboard, the balance beam, climbing up and over a padded arch, doing a log roll down a padded wedge, and swinging on the parallel bar. Obviously the parents and caregivers are there spotting the kids all the way around, but there are somethings, like the padded arch, that J-Man only needs a little help with. He's surprisingly good at the beam too (he must get his balance from my side of the family). We then end the class with Ring Around the Rosie. Anyway, it's really cool to see how much he enjoys the class and it's definitely something that we'll continue doing.
We've also begun thinking about preschools. Here in the town of Bean you need to start applying (there are no public preschools, and even if there were I'd be skeptical since the public school system here leaves a lot to be desired at least until highschool), a YEAR in advance. We're considering a Montessori program, that I fell in love with but is very pricey and is five days a week for half-days. We're not sure we want him in school that much. We're also looking at a preschool in a church that we've heard excellent things about - they offer a program that is three days a week for half-days. It's also pricey, but less so since he wouldn't be there five days a week. We shall see. As for kindergarten, if we end up choosing the Montessori school, he could attend there through the sixth grade, which would be cool. If we went elsewhere, I'd ideally like to look into The Cambridge Friends School, which also has a fabulous reputation. Of course there's also BB&N, but check THIS out....can you imagine?!!?
The most recent big news is that Jasperoo has finally gotten his first job! He's going to need it, considering the price of education today... Anyway, a week from last Friday, we went to a casting for a large toy company. A few days later we got the call that he'd been hired and so we're going to the shoot tomorrow! It should be cool and perhaps is an omen of things to come with regard to his career. :) So now, the J-Dawg truly *is* professionally good looking.

4 Comments:
Coolio! Congrats to Jasper on his first job! Can't wait to hear how the shoot goes.
Also, re: BB&N -- you can send a kid to freakin' COLLEGE for less money than that, that's insane!
If you think P-school in the Bean is crazy, you should read about what goes on in the City by the Bay! Parents apply before children are even born! And kindergarten applications and interviews are akin to the college app process. It's nuts!
Can't wait to see the ridiculously good looking boy on toy store shelves! I can't check out the picture..hopefully it will load at some point!
I have good balance, so it's not our whole side of the family.
Uncle Nutcase.
woohoo go jasper! i hope you guys have lots of fun at the shoot tomorrow!
Post a Comment
<< Home