Monday, October 30, 2006

All Hallow's Eve Eve

I can't believe it's been a year since we dressed the J-Dawg up as the mighty Bruce Lee. He's grown so much since then. His hair's grown in. He can run at full sprint. His sidekick is nicknamed Vishnu the Destroyer.

The Pussycatassassins HQ is revving up for Halloween once again. The boy's got another awesome costume lined up, but you'll have to tune in tomorrow to find out what that is.

Yesterday, we were out in our local park playing, when we saw another family's Halloween photo shoot. Dad was dressed up as Darth Vader in a trench coat and the toddler was dressed as Yoda. There seemed to be a cast of thousands taking pictures. All I could think about was Triumph the Insult Dog saying to the little kid in the Yoda outfit, "Who did this to you, sweetie?"

Halloween was such an exciting time as a kid. The lure of free candy is a powerful thing. Are there still people who give out the unpopular candy, like peanut butter kisses, or ribbon candy?

Sadly, we haven't had any trick or treaters in ages. Is this a new sign of the times? Do kids really go door to door to strangers' homes and ask for candy? It sounds really crazy without context, doesn't it?

Random Halloween shout out to Jasper's Uncle J.S. for this retort while we were out blueberry picking in Maine this summer:

Blondie: I got a bunch of blueberries at that last bush.
Nervda: I got a couple of blueberries and some leaves and twigs.
Uncle J.S.: I got a rock!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, you eat peanut butter kisses, fool!

WL

10:14 PM  
Blogger Nervda said...

I am a Halloween hog. I didn't say I wouldn't eat them, just that they were unpopular. Heck, I LOVE Necco Wafers too. Let's not forget Circus Peanuts, neither.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home